Sunday, January 24, 2010

Reefer Madness by Congressman Mike Coffman

Dear _____

Thank you for contacting my office regarding House Resolution 1866. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me on the issue and the opportunity to respond.

H.R. 1866, the industrial Hemp Farming Act of 2009, provides for the legalization of the growing of Cannabis sativa L for industrial purposes, such as for the use in the production of hemp milk. While the crop does have the potential for significant amounts of legal, positive usage, some individuals would likely abuse the legalization of the crop. It is unfortunate that the abuse of some prevents the safe and healthy usage of Americans like you. Do to the fact that marijuana is a fundamentally dangerous drug, and because it poses a threat to our youth and communities, I believe it must remain classified as a controlled substance, and therefore illegal to grow as a cash crop.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me. Please visit my website at www.coffman.house.gov if you would like to contact me on another issue, or for further information on the legislation that i am sponsoring, press releases, and my stance on other issue important to you.

Sincerely,
Michael Coffman
Member of Congress

No comments:

Post a Comment