Tuesday, September 29, 2009

2009 National NORML Conference

I'm back from San Francisco and the 2009 National NORML Conference. I also brought back with me some gross kind of illness that put in bed for two days. My body ached my head hurt and i was freezing but i made the best of it and i feel much better today.

For those who haven't had the privilege of attending a NORML Conference let me tell you what your missing. Depending on the event there are 300 - 500 Lawyers, Doctors, Teachers, Students, Mothers, Daughters, Brothers and Fathers get together and discuss the marijuana movement. Its 24 hours of meetings and lectures but don't worry, it isn't all talk... Just outside the hotel doors usually in the large open patio dozens of people come to talk and medicate. Its a chance for everyone to meet up, smoke, get some sun or just talk outside without interrupting the conference. The hotels that are chosen are very laid back and respect the fact that we are going to smother the hotel in marijuana smoke.

Paul Armentano started the conference off the first day which strictly focused on medical marijuana. Throughout the whole conference over 40 doctors and attorneys spoke for the crowd, including Colorado's own high profile attorneys Rob Correy (pictured here) and Warren Edson. All three days were great. Some many people so little time. I reached out to everyone I could introducing myself and the chapter.. More pictures to come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment